The Presidential Profession

Not a fan of the man,  but as a supporter of the office I was impressed with the direct comments the President made as to his faith.  While I do not necessarily believe he lives them out, or his references to other faiths was accurate,  I'm humbled and saddened when I realize a politician (and all that implies) shared more than most "Christians" did this past weekend.

Here we see a man under the attack and scrutiny of not only the media,  but the world, making bold and direct statements as to the meaning of Easter.  If you did not know his politics,  the majority of his speech would lead a listener to surmise that he is strong in his beliefs.  As citizens of this country, who will never step foot in front of the camera, or have a person from another country study our words,  why can we not share our faith with our next door neighbor?  Why should we allow our country to go downhill while a hypocritical president represents our Christian faith?

If My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14



No comments:

Post a Comment