A Love That Won't Stop

I was in a valley.
I was sinking low.
I had slipped and fallen.
I had missed the goal.
Condemnation threatened.
I cried out in fear.
Mercy said "forgiven," come and fly up here!

I love the Lord.
He heard my cry.
He lifted me way up high,
Set my feet upon a mountain top.
Just think of it, the Lord and King,
The Creator of everything,
Loves me with a love that won't stop.

Now, if you bear the burden
Of a sin-scarred life.
Your past mistakes and failures
Haunt you in the night.
You can be forgiven,
For God's word is true.
Then, on the wings of eagles,
You can sing this too!

I LOVE THE LORD...


Though I do not know the author who penned these lyrics, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this song of encouragement and conviction.  Maybe you have been like me.  I can remember a time where I felt like I was not accomplishing anything!  The saying,  "If not for bad luck...I'd have no luck at all." seemed to really apply!  But, then God got my attention and helped me realize that when I have fallen, I don't have to live in that pit!  Mercy didn't say, "sucks to be you! You must now wallow in the mess you made."  Mercy said, "You can be forgiven, come fly up here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment