WHOA! WEDNESDAY?!

WOW!  This place actually has good breakfast.  No matter how many times Eric Henry makes fun of me for eating slow and not eating everything on my plate, I am going to continue to enjoy a "taste of the world"  on my plate at breakfast time!

Just yesterday it seemed like we had been here a week already, and at the conclusion of today I'm racing to fit in everything because it seems the week has gone by so fast!

Squad times were fantastic today.  I have to say the water sports are my favorite...probably because of the Beach Boys music they are blaring during each game!  Lindsey and I taught our squad how to do a cool dance to go along with the music.  One kid commented, "I wanna be on your team! Even though you're always losing, you look like you're having so much fun!"  YES!  We accomplished our goal!  This group of awkward kids I met on Monday night has developed into a team of AWESOME youth that are really gelling and working together.  They each have a great sense of humor which really helps them get along with me and Lindsey!  -  Our team building exercise was for them to be blindfolded and led through a "mine field" of balloons while navigating a 2x4 (submarine).  My squad made it through the first time unlike most, and even though we didn't beat every other team, the spiritual lessons we discussed really did sink in.  You see, its hard to trust a leader you can't see.  It's also hard to listen to a leader when there's a ton of people around you talking like they know whats best, when in actuality they are just as blind as you!  SUCCESS AGAIN!

Morning Worship and Evening Worship were nothing short of spectacular!  I cannot get over how this random collection of musicians just gel in the time of worship.  It is without a doubt the result of total surrender to the spirit.  Lights, Fog, Camera, ACTION!  The campus pastor, Donnie, steps up to take his place.  He spoke with conviction this evening as he presented "What Does it Mean to Respond to God."   This message paved a perfect path to our church discussion this evening.  We got to sit and listen as students shared their encounters with God this week so far, and what they have decided to do about it.  Whether students decide to turn toward God and forsake the world, or discredit God and embrace the world, we are challenging students to make a choice instead of living on the edge.  God has got some big things going on here!

The evening ended with "Urban Assault."  That was definitely a game to ask your kids about!  The best way I can describe it would be a ramped up version of tag and capture the flag.  I love leading a team of awesome kids who had fun.  To be honest,  we didn't win, but we did come close!  I actually started paying kids from other teams with gummy bears to work for my team!  Some call that cheating...but Lindsey and I think of it as resourceful.  After all, it was a game about being a spy!

The week is far from over, and we covet your prayers!  How can you pray?  Well, there are kids, I believe even some in our own group, who may not fully grasp the concept of a relationship with Jesus. Please pray that they will be receptive to the work of God while they are here away from distractions.  Pray for those who are getting distracted by the tools the enemy is using to bring them down.  Pray for the adults as we are exhausted!  Pray for the overall sprit of the remainder of the week.  We are desperately longing to see God show up in a huge, undeniable way and spark a revival that will spread back to our home church.

No comments:

Post a Comment