Video Challenge Day 3: Games with God

Man: "If you're God, then make it snow in here."
God: "You know if I made it snow in here it would get kind of yucky and I really don't want to do that."
Man: "See!  You're not God..."
God: "Why do you say that?"
Man: "God wouldn't say yucky."
God: "Yes, I do - it's a Greek word."
Man: "Oh....ok....Well if you're God then what does Lamentations 15:9 say?"
God: "Lamentations is a very short book. It only has five chapters."
Man: "Why is it so short?"
God: "Because I was tired of lamenting."
Man: "Oh...OK! If you're God, then who's going to win the World Series?"
God: "You know what?  I'm not so much into playing games..."


Doubt. Questions. Discouragement. Worry. We could list these nouns under the heading "Confusion."  Maybe you have been like me and asked - "God, am I really saved?  WHY ME?!  God, I'm so down...if you loved me you wouldn't put me through this.  God what am I going to do?  I just don't see a way out and you just haven't showed up yet!"  So often we want to blame God for these thoughts of confusion that pass through our minds.  But when we examine the Word we find His promise "I am not the author of confusion."  So now we have to ask ourselves, "where do these thoughts and emotions come from?"

The answer to this age old question is simple, but the solution is complex.  In Genesis we find the king of games, the king of confusion, and the king of questions - Satan.  As a serpent he approaches Eve and installs just enough confusion to get the process started, and then he let her mind process on its own.  Just like the man in the skit, Satan says "God wouldn't say that would he?"  In Matthew 4 we find the king of games attempting to confuse Jesus himself.  He tries to use God's own Word against him.  Here's where the typical human thing comes in and we say, "AHA!  Satan is the cause of all my problems!  I'm good!"

Wrong.  The source of the problem is in fact....us.  We are constantly playing games with God! We don't  know the voice of God, so when he speaks we question his words.  We attempt, as self proclaimed Bible scholars to use His own Word against him!  How foolish are we?  Just like the man in the skit we ask God questions, not because we want to know the answer...but because deep down, we do not trust him.  We actually think we are smarter than Him sometimes.  Today let us realize that mind games, and word plays will not trick the creator of the universe.  God isn't into playing games, so why are we?

Challenge:  Accept God's Word for what it really is.  Don't play games with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment