Video Challenge Day 9: The Greatest Paradox

God: "You're lazy {chisel}
    ...but you pretend you're really busy. {chisel}"
God:  "you have a problem with lust"

Man: Whoa OK Time Out!  I do NOT have a problem with lust."
God:  "You don't have a problem with lust?"
Man: "No, I can do it any time I want.....ok...


Living a life for Christ is hard, and requires alot of behind the scenes work.  In our lazy nature as humans, we like to carry the tools needed to do the job to make ourselves look busy, when in reality we are working really hard at being lazy.  Amazing how much effort we put into doing nothing isn't it?  Laziness and the lust of sin have all to easily become our addictions.  We are so blinded by pride in our perceived human strength that we fail to recognize our weakness and need of rescue.  As a boy, you look up to super heroes, and you think your dad can do anything.  For a man to admit defeat, show emotion, or ask for help is to show weakness...and men aren't weak...we're STRONG right??

Sampson had great power.  He grew up with great parents.  He had great position in his country.  But at the end of his life, we find him enslaved to his temptation.  No longer do we see the strong judge of Israel.  We now see a bald clown entertaining the Philistines.  Where did he go wrong?  When he refused to surrender his earthly strength to God's omnipotence.

I, like the man in the skit have denied my need for help.  I've made the statement, " I don't have a problem...I can do it any time I want."  It took God a LONG time, and several hardships to teach me that the greatest act of strength, is surrender to God.  What a paradox!  "You will never find victory until you surrender."  How do you know you're addicted?  When your behavior is secret.  When it causes you emotional and mental distress. When your vice is used to deaden painful feelings.  These all will create behaviors deprived of genuineness and commitment.  Please, I'm begging you, don't be like me.  Don't let your temptation develop into an addiction, because addictions will control you and drive you to do imaginable things.  They will create a void that they can never fill.

Are you saying to yourself "I don't have a problem..I can do it any time I want..."  You've already been bitten.  But dear friend, it is NOT too late!  God can restore even the most broken people, if we will just surrender to the master.  He longs to chisel and repair that we might be his original masterpiece.  So what's your choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment